Monday 16 June 2014

Tim's Tags of 2014 - June

 
 
Well, I finally found some time to play - I have been crafting recently, but mostly to meet family and friends' birthdays, enjoyable, but not necessarily blogworthy!
 
I had time today to have a go at Tim's Tags for June. I used Tim's Doily Layering Stencil and Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers (my all-time favourite) and Picked Raspberry.

 
 I cut the whole tag from watercolour paper and inked the Stencil as per Tim's instructions. I misted it and then pressed it on to the tag. I must say, I was very pleased with the way in which the background came out - the colours were lovely and the effect was very summery - thanks Tim!


 
I wanted to do use different images from Tim's original, rather than slavishly copy his idea, but I didn't have any more of his stamps that would have fit, so I compromised by using the Rise Above sentiment from Sheena Douglass's latest bird stamps, and Tim's Butterflies from his Papillon Collection.
 
 
I don't have the framelits set, so I coloured in the second stamped images and cut them out by hand.
 
 
After I'd misted the Stencil to make the background I mopped up the residue with another piece of card and then cut out a few layers of a Spellbinders Vintage Floret die from the coloured card.
 
 
 
I assembled the flower, curling the petals a bit, and set it on some old watch parts - there is a tiny cog from an old watch in the middle of the flower too, and, although you can't see it here, there is a bit cut from a watch spring  hanging under the flower.
 
 
I then added a "messy bow" made from seam binding dyed with the same distress colours and was ready to add my top layer of butterflies, but they looked a bit dull compared to the bright background, so I gave them a great dollop (love that word) of Glossy Accents - that worked beautifully!
 
 
In these photos you can see the layering of the butterflies and their lovely gloss.
 



So, voila! My entry for Tim's June tag.
 
Hope you've enjoyed my post, and apologies for anyone who's been waiting for a second post (you know who you are - C!).  Hopefully I won't leave it so long before my next blog entry!
 
Keep Crafting!!!
 
Jean
 
 

 
 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really like the soft colours you used, gorgeous and summery! Also just letting you know that your photo does not show up properly on Tim's blog, you may have to refresh it, or maybe it is just my computer...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your butterflies and the great big dollop of glossy accents! What a great idea that way! Thank you for your recent visit and comforting words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to read all of them!